Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Evening out that farmer's tan

So I know how much you all love to hear me ramble on about this and that, but sorry to break it to you, I don't have much to talk about this week. I just wanted to let everyone at home know that while you were all enjoying multiple inches of snowfall this past weekend (not including Cass), I was lying on the beach trying to convince my legs to absorb at least a small amount of sunlight (those damned Rippentrop genes). The end result ended up being relatively successful with only a small amount of burning.

Another success story from the weekend...Lee Ann was able to convince me to go relatively far out into the ocean. Given that I've only experienced the abusive waves of the Atlantic in Martha's Vinyard and a brief encounter with the shore in Daytona Beach within the last decade, I was a bit weary about going in past my knees. Thankfully, I had Lee Ann there to laugh at me as I had a mild panic attack and eventually made it out as far as her. Sometimes it's shocking I'm 23 years old. But besides the small amounts of incredibly salty water that were accidentally consumed, the Indian Ocean was amazing. The water was so warm and almost clear. I cannot wait to go back. Actually, I may never go anywhere else in the country until my family comes to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment